CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.54
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $12.37Trending at AU $13.00
- AU $48.20Trending at AU $49.18
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.39
About this product
- DescriptionSeventeen-year-old Jean has cerebral palsy and gets around in a wheelchair, but she's always believed she's just the same as everyone else. She goes to rmal school and has rmal friends. She's never really kwn ather disabled person before she arrives at Camp Courage. But there Jean meets Sara, who welcomes her to 'Crip Camp' and nicknames her Spazzo. Sara has radical theories about how people fit into society. She's full of rage and revolution against pitying insults and the lack of respect for people with disabilities. As Jean joins a community unlike any she has ever imagined, she comes to question her old beliefs and look at the world in a new light. The camp session is only ten days long, but that may be all it takes to change a life forever.
- Author BiographyHarriet McBryde Johnson went to schools for children with disabilities until age thirteen and to a cross-disability summer camp until age seventeen. She kept in contact with some of her friends from those times throughout her life. Having continued her education in regular schools, she became a lawyer in 1985. Ms. Johnson wrote for the New York Times Magazine and was a frequent contributor to the disability press. She was also the author of a memoir, Too Late to Die Young. Harriet died in June 2008.
- Author(s)Harriet McBryde Johnson
- PublisherAndersen Press Ltd
- Date of Publication03/04/2008
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAndersen Press Ltd
- Out-of-print date03/11/2016
- Weight171 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.