Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.05
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.18Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $20.36Trending at AU $30.97
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
About this product
- DescriptionArchaeological discoveries point to a surprising new interpretation of Greek mythology's most beautiful woman. After more than three thousand years Helen of Troy has her chance to tell her story of loyal queen's struggle amid clashing cultures and her compelling relationship with Paris in Florence Wallin's vel. All of this is set against the drama of the Trojan War and the clash of the Olympian gods with the original worship of the the earth mother goddess. .. .the attention to the detail of settings and other aspects of Bronze Age Aegean culture are especially impressive. But most of all the characters are engaging and the story captivating... Jean Marty, Research Professor of Classics, University of North Carolina-Asheville. .. .The vel is astonishing, so evocative and exciting, bringing Helen to life as a complex and appealing human being as well as the mythical ideal of a beautiful and intelligent woman. P.B. Parris. .. .it is a vel based on archaeology. As such it can be regarded as a hypothesis, an imaginative arrangement of the material at hand w, and the current interpretations of the material...The writing rings true. Robert L. Horn, professor of Philosophy, Emeritus, Earlham College. .. .Helen's story has always been told from the point of view of kings who needed an excuse for war, blaming it on Helen's love affair with Paris. How wonderful to hear her point of view. Elizabeth Daniels Squire, award winning author of Peaches Dann mystery series.
- Author BiographyFlorence Wallin spent several years exploring the Aegean world. While living in Greece aboard their sloop Quest, she and her husband sailed Homer's wine dark sea and visited the archaic sites where cyclopean walls stand silent guard over Helen's ageless charm.
- Author(s)Florence Wallin
- PublisherPine Tree Press, Incorporated
- Date of Publication18/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPine Tree Press, Incorporated
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight531 g
- Width155 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.