Accounting Theory: Conceptual Issues in a Political and Economic Environment by James L. Dodd, Harry I. Wolk, John J. Rozycki (Hardback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $267.19+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $259.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionThis updated Ninth Edition of Accounting Theory: Conceptual Issues in a Political and Ecomic Environment continues to be one of the most relevant and comprehensive texts on accounting theory. Authors Harry I. Wolk, James L. Dodd, John J. Rozycki provide a critical overview of accounting as a whole as well as touch on the financial issues in ecomic and political contexts, providing readers with an applied understanding of how current United States accounting standards were derived and where we might be headed in the future. Readers will find learning tools such as questions, cases, problems and writing assignments to solidify their understanding of accounting theory and gain new insights into this evolving field.
- Author BiographyHarry I. Wolk (1930-2009) held a BS in economics from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and MBA and PhD degrees from Michigan State University. He was the author or co-author of approximately 25 journal articles, including publications in the Accounting Review, Journal of Accounting Research, Accounting Horizons, and the International Journal of Accounting. He was the lead author of seven editions of Accounting Theory: Conceptual Issues in a Political and Economic Environment. He previously taught at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and was the Aliber Distinguished Professor of Accounting at Drake University, where he taught for 32 years. He also visited Creighton University, where he was John P. Begley Professor of Accounting. He was a member of the American Accounting Association and Financial Executives International, where he served as president of the Iowa Chapter. Outside of accounting, his interests were in following national and world affairs closely, listening to classical music, and following the fortunes of the Boston Red Sox, Boston Celtics, and the New England Patriots. James L. Dodd, Professor Emeritus of Accounting at Drake University, holds a BS in accounting from California State University-Fresno, an MBA from the University of South Alabama, and a PhD from the University of Georgia, with a major in accounting and a minor in information systems. Before entering academe, Dr. Dodd worked for 15 years in the shipbuilding, aircraft-engine, and diesel-engine filtration industries. His assignments at Litton, Teledyne, and Cummins included experience in industrial engineering, capital budgeting, profit planning, product pricing, cost accounting, long-range systems planning, and accounting controllerships at plant and corporate levels. He is a Fulbright Scholar alumnus, participating in academic exchanges with Norway (1999-2000) and Iceland (2007). His teaching and research include areas in accounting theory, fraud examination, and international accounting. On a personal level, he enjoys working with his hands, listening to bluegrass music, watching SEC sports, and volunteering as an AARP-IRS tax aide. He is a Southerner, born in Birmingham, Alabama, married to his college sweetheart for 48+ years; he has one daughter and two grandchildren. John J. Rozycki, Associate Professor of Finance at Drake University, holds a BS in biology from King's College, an MBA from the University of Scranton, and a PhD from Penn State University, with a major in finance. Before pursuing his doctoral education, Dr. Rozycki worked in the health care planning and telecommunications industries. He teaches corporate finance and equity valuation. His professional interests are in equity and business valuation, corporate capital allocation decisions, financial planning, financing decisions, and financial statement analysis. He is a member of the CFA Institute, the CFA Society of Iowa, the Financial Management Association, and the Midwest Finance Association. He is a CFA charterholder. He was born in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, and is married with two sons. He is active in his church and enjoys the outdoors.
- Author(s)Harry I. Wolk,James L. Dodd,John J. Rozycki
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication10/08/2016
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Weight1270 g
- Width187 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Edition Statement9th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.