All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.66
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
About this product
- DescriptionDesigned primarily for middle and junior management who deal with financial information without really understanding the content; students who are studying accounting as a n-specialist subject, for example on a business studies or engineering course. The book serves as a basic reference to be used throughout the course. It will also be particularly helpful in providing the basic grounding that is required before moving on to the more technical and in-depth study of the subject that may be required on some courses. Students who are embarking on a course of study to become a professional accountant will also find this book of major benefit. In addition to revisions through out, a new new chapter 'Making long-term investment decisions' covering capital investment decisions, extends and rounds out the final part of the book: using Financial Information to Manage a Business. The chapter deals with the investment appraisal process and covers the main investment appraisal techniques from the point of view of a n-specialist: payback periods, accounting rate of return and discounted cash flow methods are just some of the new topics covered. The focus will be on the level of understanding that a n-specialist requires in the work place as such, in keeping with the rest of the book, the chapter includes practical examples and exercises to enhance the reader's understanding.
- Author BiographyJanet Walker is a freelance lecturer and consultant, specialising in courses in Financial Awareness Trained as a management accountant with Brooke Bond Oxo Limited, qualifying as a Chartered Management Accountant (FCMA) in 1981. After seven years in industry, joined Croydon College in 1982 as a Senior Lecturer in management accounting and financial management. Studied for MBA at City University Business School in 1987/88. Worked as a full-time author for BPP Publishing Limited for eighteen months from 1990, responsible for writing and technical editing of a range of accountancy and marketing texts and workbooks. Set up own business in 1991 as a freelance lecturer and consultant, specialising in presenting courses in Financial Awareness for a variety of clients, including the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), City University Business School, V & A Museum, Markel International, National Lottery Heritage Fund, ICL Systems Service, Norwich Union, Weetabix Limited and the General Dental Council. Also providing financial planning and marketing consultancy services to small businesses. Other books published are primarily through BPP Publishing as above, and a number of CIMA Study Systems through CIMA Publishing.
- Author(s)Janet Walker
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Series TitleCIMA Professional Handbook
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCIMA Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrated
- Weight530 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.