All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCurrently ranked World No. 1 in women's doubles, Sania Mirza became an instant sensation when she won the Wimbledon Championships girls' doubles title at the age of sixteen. From 2003 until her retirement from the singles circuit in 2012, she was ranked by the Women's Tennis Association as India's top player, both in singles and doubles. A six-time Grand Slam champion, she tched up an incredible forty-one consecutive wins with her doubles partner, Martina Hingis, between August 2015 and February 2016. Ace against Odds is the story of this most iconic Indian player who beat incredible odds to get to the top of her sport. Sania writes with candour of the hardships along the way, of the physical and emotional trauma caused by injuries and medical procedures, of the friends and partners who became her mainstay along with her family, of the pressures of constant public scrutiny and, t least, the politics and heartbreaks that inevitably accompany success. Sania broke the rules, she spoke her mind, she pushed herself to the limit, she played for India fiercely and without care for how it might impact her rankings - she is and will continue to remain an inspiration long after she steps off the tennis courts.
- Author BiographySania Mirza is currently ranked No. 1 in the women's doubles tennis rankings. From 2003 until her retirement from singles in 2013, she was ranked by the Women's Tennis Association as India's No. 1 player, both in singles and doubles. Sania was named one of the '50 Heroes of Asia' by Time in October 2005. In March 2010, The Economic Times listed her as one of the thirty-three women who made India proud. Imran Mirza: A graduate from Mumbai University, Imran Mirza is a professional builder who dabbled with sports journalism in the early part of his working life. As Sania's father, coach, guide and mentor, he has been instrumental in shaping her tennis career over a span of twenty-three years. Shivani Gupta is a sports journalist with a decade of rich experience, both in print and television. As a fan, writer and TV presenter, she has travelled the world to cover some of the biggest sporting events from Wimbledon to cricket World Cups.
- Author(s)Imran Mirza,Sania Mirza,Shivani Gupta
- PublisherHarperCollins India
- Date of Publication15/07/2016
- SubjectAutobiography: Sport
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintHarper Sport
- Weight457 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.