Ace Your Medical School Interview: Includes Multiple Mini Interviews MMI for Medical School by Dr Peter Griffiths (Paperback / softback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.14Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $16.99Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAce Your Medical School Interview which includes a section on Multiple Mini Interviews MMI for medical school is the most student centred interview preparation book available to achieve success in your medical school interviews. This book is t overly long, it doesn't contain reams and reams of information which is impossible to memorize let alone reproduce in an interview. What it does do is set out a huge bank of actual questions asked in medical school interviews as reported by actual candidates and gives you a vital analysis of the key areas the interviewers will be looking for in your answers. The book starts with advice about things you can do well before your interview to gain an edge over other candidates. It also gives vital advice on psychological techniques you can use to build rapport with the interviewers, body language, and two verbal tricks you can use to buy time while thinking of an answer to questions. It also warns you about the dirty tricks interviewers may use to unsettle you and how to respond together with advice on the top 5 interview mistakes which could wreck your chances of a place at medical school. Next it goes into detail about the top ten most frequently asked questions followed by the next 66 most common questions as reported by actual candidates together with suggested answers which show you the common themes and patterns. Armed with this kwledge you will learn how to adapt your life experiences to answer questions on any topic and never be left struggling for words. There is also a further bank of 153 questions which students can use to practice with in their own mock interviews. Also included is an essential chapter on answering ethical case studies covering the 4 themes which nearly always appear in medical school interview scenarios which are: Confidentiality Consent Resource Allocation End of Life Decisions Finally there is a comprehensive chapter on multiple mini interviews MMI for medical school which guides you through the kinds of scenarios which may appear in an MMI and the skills the interviewers will be looking for as you complete the tasks. If you are worried about your medical school interviews then this book will allow you to take control of the situation. It will walk you through the process step by step building your confidence as you go preparing you for interview success.
- Author BiographyDr Peter Griffiths qualified as a medical doctor from the University of London where he was a multi-award winning graduate. He has helped many hundreds of students gain entry to medical school around the world both with his medical school interview book and his popular guide to GAMSAT (Graduate Medical School Admissions Test) Griffiths Gamsat Review.
- Author(s)Dr Peter Griffiths
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication09/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight186 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.