All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- Description**Winner of the nasen Special Educational Needs Academic Book award 2008** There is an enduring and widespread perception amongst policy makers and practitioners that certain groups of children, in particular those who find learning difficult, have a detrimental effect on the achievement of other children. Challenging this basic assumption, Achievement and Inclusion in Schools argues that high levels of inclusion can be entirely compatible with high levels of achievement and that combining the two is t only possible but essential if all children are to have the opportunity to participate fully in education. Packed with vivid case studies that explore the benefits and tensions for children and schools, this book sets out to answer the following questions: * What is the nature of the relationship between the inclusion of some children and the achievement of all? * Are there strategies which can raise the achievement of all children, whilst safeguarding the inclusion of others who are more vulnerable? * What changes can a school make to ensure high levels of inclusion as well as high levels of achievement for all its children? Achievement and Inclusion in Schools offers an up-to-date analysis of current issues, provides practical guidance for practitioners and policy-makers, and will be of interest to anyone passionate about inclusive education.
- Author BiographyKristine Black-Hawkins is Lecturer in Inclusive and Special Education at the Faculty of Education, University of Cambridge, England. Lani Florian is Professor of Social and Educational Inclusion at the School of Education, University of Aberdeen, Scotland. Martyn Rouse is Professor of Social and Educational Inclusion and Director of the Inclusive Practice Project at the School of Education, University of Aberdeen, Scotland.
- Author(s)Kristine Black Hawkins,Lani Florian,Martyn Rouse
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/05/2006
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note37 black & white tables
- Weight272 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.