All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the reasons behind Europe's poor performance in terms of overall growth and its progressively diminishing role in the global context. Recognizing that the big challenge is to restore confidence and hope in Europe, potential solutions are discussed. The volume comprises a selection of contributions to the XXVI Villa Mondragone International Ecomic Seminar (Rome, 2014), the most recent of a series of seminars that have provided outstanding scholars with an opportunity to discuss key topics in ecomic research. In recent years the persistence of high unemployment and low growth has increased the Euroscepticism that has targeted the euro and the Brussels bureaucracy. Readers will find this book a fascinating source of information on current thinking regarding topics such as European industrial policy, European governance, unemployment, the euro and competitiveness, trade and financial integration, the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership, anticorruption policies, and energy and climate policies. In particular, it examines the structural reforms and commitment to development that will be required for Europe to become a region characterized by social justice, dynamism, and opportunities for all.
- Author BiographyLuigi Paganetto is Emeritus Professor and Full Professor of European Economics at the University of Rome Tor Vergata, and President of the Economics Foundation Tor Vergata for Economic Research. He participates as an expert in European and International working groups. He is the author of articles and books in the fields of Macroeconomics, International Economics, Italian and European Industrial Economics, and Energy and Environment.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication09/04/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note89 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight625 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byLuigi Paganetto
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.