All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs competitive pressures increase for improved, more efficient performance and interoperability among networks, your ability to accurately specify equipment and network applications becomes more critical than ever before. Meet that challenge by better understanding, relating and applying two key model-based methods for specifying transport equipment, interoperability, and management. This manual demonstrates how to combine these two methods for a holistic approach to supporting today's complex networks. It covers the Functional Modelling approach used for specification of telecommunications networks and equipment and the Open Distributed Processing (ODP) approach for specification of TC network management; provides an overview of important Unified Modelling Language (UML) constructs used to express ODP-based management specifications; and tackles issues associated with inter-domain management arising from the inherent complexity of management applications and networks, administrative drivers, and the advent of new techlogies.
- Author BiographyEve L. Varma is a technical manager with Lucent Technologies and received an M.A. in Physics from the City University of New York. She is a delegate to both T1X1 and ITU-T. Thierry Stephant is a technical manager with France Telecom and received his engineering degree from the Institut National des Telecommunications. He is a member of both ETSI and ITU-T. Antonio Rodriguez-Moral is a member of the technical staff at Lucent Technologies and received his M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering from the Technical University of Madrid, Spain. He is a member of the IEEE. Christine Pageot-Millet is a research engineer with France Telecom BD/CNET and received a Ph.D. in Computer Science from the Universite de Rennes I, France. She is a member of ETSI, TMF, and AFNOR. George W. Newsome is a distinguished member of the technical staff at Lucent Technologies and received his B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering from University College in London, England. He is a member of IEEE and IEE. Dennis K. Doherty is a product manager with Lucent Technologies and received his M.S.E. in Computer Science from Princeton University. He is a member of the IEEE. Jean-Michel Cornily is a research engineer with France Telecom/CNET and received his Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Rennes I. He is a delegate to ITU-T, ETSI, and a member of OMG.
- Author(s)Eve L. Varma,etc.
- PublisherArtech House Publishers
- Date of Publication01/08/1999
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleTelecommunications Library
- Place of PublicationNorwood
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArtech House Publishers
- Out-of-print date02/09/2014
- Content Notebibliography, glossary
- Weight757 g
- Width163 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.