Acing the College Application: How to Maximize Your Chances for Admission to the College of Your Choice by Michele Hernandez (Paperback / softback)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.73+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $12.95+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith so many qualified applicants, competition for college admissions is fiercer than ever. Now you can put yourself ahead of the pack by making your application flawless! <p/>When applying for college, good grades and high standardized test scores are t always eugh to guarantee admission. What sets you apart, argues Michele Hernandez, is the way you describe yourself in your application. But how do you present yourself with flair, and highlight all your talents, skills, and passions, in just a few pages? <p/>A former assistant director of admissions at Dartmouth College, Dr. Hernandez takes you step-by-step through the entire application process, revealing the details that make or break an applicant. From the multitude of short and longer essays to the myriad of charts, lists, and personal data sections, she offers essential advice, useful anecdotes, and vivid examples. Included are: <p/>- A line-by-line look at the common application- The truth about the essays, with samples of those that made the grade - The best way to ask for teacher and guidance counselor recommendations- When to provide colleges with optional essays and peer evaluations- The ten common myths and misconceptions of the on-campus interview- The most meaningful academic subjects, work experience, and extracurricular activities to mention- Early action versus early decision--the trade offs <p/>With this helpful, savvy book, prospective college students--and their parents and counselors--can w vastly improve their chances of getting into the college of their choice. <p/> Want to scale the Ivy wall? Michele Hernandez gives you the tools to do it. This brisk, -nsense book is built on inside dope, and Hernandez's experience allows her to challenge conventional admissions thinking. --HARRY BAULD Author of On Writing the College Application Essay
- Author BiographyMichele A. Hernandez graduated Phi Beta Kappa from Dartmouth College in 1989 and holds a Doctorate of Education. She was Assistant Director of Admissions at Dartmouth from 1992 to 1997. The author of A Is for Admission and The Middle School Years, she runs her own consulting business (www.aisforadmission.com) for prospective college applicants. For the past five years, her students have been accepted to top colleges with close to a 100% success acceptance rate.
- Author(s)Michele Hernandez
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectStudy Skills & General Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight213 g
- Width135 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.78
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.