All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAcing the GI Board Exam: The Ultimate Crunch-Time Resource has been updated into a Second Edition . The Second Edition contains new vignettes, a discussion on Maintenance of Certification Exam (MOC), and discussion on test relevancy for residency rotations! In todayAEs fast-paced world, gastroenterology and hepatology residents and fellows struggle to find the time to study for the board exams, prepare for the recertification exam, prepare for teaching rounds, or just plain read. What is the best way to effectively prepare and study, if reading multiple resources canAEt seem to fit into your daily schedule? The answer to your study questions (and study time!) can be found inside the newly updated Second Edition of Acing the GI Board Exam: The Ultimate Crunch-Time Resource! Why You Will Need to Read Acing the GI Board Exam, Second Edition : New! 41 new and carefully vetted board-style vignettes with color images New! Brief discussion on the Maintenance of Certification Exam (MOC) New! Discussion on test relevancy for residency rotations Comprehensive yet succinct answers using a high-yield format Emphasis on key clinical pearls and oboard buzzwordso Answers to classic board othreshold valueso questions that you need to kw but always seem to forget Rapid-fire, crunch-time exam with 195 classic one-liners Dr. Brennan M. R. Spiegel has collected every pearl of wisdom, high-yield factlet, Board buzzword, micrograph, and classic imaging study he could muster, all while keeping Acing the GI Board Exam: The Ultimate Crunch-Time Resource, Second Edition a manageable size. Acing the GI Board Exam, Second Edition fills the unmet need in board review by presenting time-tested and high-yield information in a rational, useful, and contextually appropriate format suitable studying for the board exams and preparing for the recertification exam. Chapters Include: A compilation of general lessons learned from past test-takers oTough Stuffo board review vignettes Board review oClinical Threshold Valueso oCrunch-Timeo Self-Test and Answer Guideutime to get your game on! With its focus on pearl after pearl, emphasis on images, and attention to high-yield otough stuffo vignettes you donAEt kw the answers to (yet), Acing the GI Board Exam, Second Edition is truly the ultimate crunch-time resource for acing the GI and Hepatology examination, taking recertifying examinations, looking good on clerkship rounds, or for just challenging yourself with interesting and entertaining vignettes.
- Author BiographyBrennan Spiegel, MD, MSHS is Professor of Medicine and Public Health and Director of Health Services Research at Cedars-Sinai Health System in Los Angeles, California. In addition to practicing general gastroenterology, he has a clinical and academic focus in irritable bowel syndrome, acid reflux disease, dyspepsia, and other functional gastrointestinal disorders. In addition to authoring the Acing series of Board review textbooks, Dr. Spiegel has published numerous book chapters, abstracts, editorials, and more than 130 articles in peer-reviewed journals. He serves on the Advisory Board of Editors for Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology and the Editorial Board for Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics, and he is associate editor for the American Journal of Gastroenterology. In addition to his focus on digestive disorders, Dr. Spiegel studies how digital innovations can improve the value of health care by strengthening patient-doctor bonds and bringing greater efficiency to the delivery of clinical services. His team of investigators at the Cedars-Sinai Center for Outcomes Research and Education (CS-CORE) seeks to transform the way patients, doctors, and hospitals communicate through wearable biosensors that track patients vital signs and activities both in the hospital and at home, transmitting data to electronic medical records. His team develops computer programs and mobile health applications that allow patients to explain their medical histories online at home, saving time and providing up-to-date information for doctors. The team also explores social media and telemedicine as clinical communication tools. Dr. Spiegel is a member of several professional organizations and is a fellow of the American College of Gastroenterology, the American Gastroenterological Association, and the Rome Foundation.
- Author(s)Brennan Spiegel
- PublisherSLACK Incorporated
- Date of Publication30/03/2015
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThorofare
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSLACK Incorporated
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.13
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $21.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.