All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionAcosta is a story about the entire Acosta family, but especially about Oscar Acosta, the feisty pitching coach who first turned around the Chicago Cubs and then the Texas Rangers followed by a mirs Yankees team, before dying in an auto accident in the Dominican at age 49. The parents of Oscar and his sister Yolanda were immigrants who came to the U.S. from Mexico to work on other people's ranches in southeastern New Mexico. That Oscar, who everyone assumed would follow in his father's footsteps, should be discovered in high school and make his way up the ranks in professional baseball is a fascinating story in itself. But in addition to a central thread about Oscar, there is also the story of his father, who, after years of poverty, succumbed to a temptation that would have shattered a less loving family, and Yolanda, who chose to forgive the perpetrator of a heius crime in order to avoid a lifetime of negativity and despair.
- Author BiographyYolanda Acosta is a writer and an Employment Specialist for the New Mexico Department of Labor.
- Author(s)Joan Schweighardt,Yolanda Acosta
- PublisherJohn Hunt Publishing
- Date of Publication12/08/2010
- SubjectBiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationNew Alresford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintO Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight313 g
- Width142 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.