Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.80Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
About this product
- DescriptionAcoustics of Nadispersed Magnetic Fluids presents key information on the acoustic properties of magnetic fluids. The book is based on research carried out by the author as well as on many publications in both the Russian and foreign scientific literature from 1969 onwards. It describes a wide variety of topics, which together lay the foundation of a new scientific research area: the acoustics of nadispersed media. The book examines the nascale structure of matter in specific areas and discusses the following: * Model theory and kwn features of the propagation of sound waves in magnetised fluids * Acoustomagnetic and magnetoacoustic effects in magnetic fluids * Acoustomagnetic spectroscopy of vibrational modes in the liquid-shell system * Vibration and rheological effects of magnetised magnetic fluids * Acoustometry of the shape of magnetic naaggregates and n-magnetic microaggregates * Acoustogranulometry, a new method for studying the physical properties of magnetic naparticles dispersed in a carrier fluid The book is a valuable resource for engineers and researchers in the fields of acoustics, physical acoustics, magnetic hydrodynamics, and rheology physics. The experimental methods, which are described in this book, are based on incompatible features of magnetic fluids, i.e. strong magnetism, fluidity and compressibility. As a result, this can find industrial application in advanced techlogy. It is also useful for both advanced undergraduate and graduate students studying natechlogy, materials science, physical and applied acoustics.
- Author BiographyVyacheslav Mikhailovich Polunin has been working in the Physics Department of Southwest State University in Kursk (Russia) for 40 years: as a senior lecturer, reader, and currently heads the department. He earned his PhD in physics from the Leningrad State University in Saint Petersburg, Russia. Dr. Polunin's research interests include molecular physics, physical acoustics, and magnetohydrodynamics. He is also the author or co-author of nearly 350 scientific publications in Russian national science journals and many European countries. Dr. Polunin holds 15 author's certificates and patents.
- Author(s)Vladimir Polunin
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication26/05/2015
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note169 black & white illustrations, 60 black & white tables
- Weight793 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.