All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.82Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
About this product
- DescriptionAcres of Diamonds is one of those titles that you cant judge by its size. While small, the title is chock full of wisdom for those who aspire to make more of their lives. Acres of Diamonds is the story of a successful farmer in India named Al Hafed. Hafed is tempted by the allure of wealth and sells his farm to search the world for diamonds. Years later he dies penniless, having t found diamonds. However, back home the man who purchased Hafed's farm accidentally discovers a huge field of diamonds on Hafed's former land. Conwell uses this story to illustrate that success often lies close at hand, if you are willing to open your eyes and mind to opportunity. Conwell further suggests that most people are pygmies of their possible selves, rarely achieving the potential of their innate abilities or local opportunities. Conwell also discusses his basic philosophy of business and gives several rules, or suggestions, for budding entrepreneurs. Conwell, who served with the Union Army, also mentions his encounter with President Lincoln just before his assassination. The book is simple and full common sense. Read and enjoy.
- Author BiographyRussell H. Conwell, the founder of Temple University in Philadelphia, was described by the great John Wanamaker as a student, schoolmaster, lawyer, preacher, organizer, thinker and writer, lecturer, educator, diplomat, and leader of men. Conwell was also the founder and pastor of Baptist Temple, one of the largest Protestant churches in America during his day and time. He also founded two hospitals in the City of Brotherly Love. His famous Acres of Diamonds speech helped countless individuals to come into the knowledge of the meaning of true wealth and how to attain it without getting sidetracked by selfishness and greed.
- Author(s)Russell H Conwell
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication03/01/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight118 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.