All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn 21 February 1968, Wally Herbert and his team of three companions and forty huskies set out from Point Barrow, Alaska, embarking on a journey that one had ever attempted. Sixteen hard months later they finally set foot once more on solid land, having attained the North Pole and crossed the frozen Arctic Ocean for the first time via its longest axis. It stands today as one of the greatest expeditions of all time. Illustrated with unpublished photographs and other personal materials from the Herbert archive, this exceptional photography book is a first-hand record of an astonishing journey one that with rising temperatures and Arctic ice melt will probably never be repeated. An impressive team of explorers and polar experts, including Wally Herberts daughter Kari, also provide their reflections and tributes to the expedition and to Wally Herbert, contributing to a remarkable visual and personal testimony of this historic event.
- Author(s)Huw Lewis-Jones,Wally Herbert
- PublisherThames & Hudson Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2015
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2015
- ImprintThames & Hudson Ltd
- Content Note157 illustrations, 86 in colour
- Weight1460 g
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.