All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $74.97Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.52Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $17.59Trending at AU $18.15
- AU $28.94Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $14.05
About this product
- DescriptionIn his black-walled fortress at Inuyama, the warlord Iida Sadamu surveys his famous nightingale floor. Constructed with exquisite skill, it sings at the tread of each human foot. No assassin can cross it unheard. The youth Takeo has been brought up in a remote mountain village among the Hidden, a reclusive and spiritual people who have taught him only the ways of peace. But unbekwnst to him, his father was a celebrated assassin and a member of the Tribe, an ancient network of families with extraordinary, preternatural skills. When Takeo's village is pillaged, he is rescued and adopted by the mysterious Lord Otori Shigeru. Under the tutelage of Shigeru, he learns that he too possesses the skills of the Tribe. And, with this kwledge, he embarks on a journey that will lead him across the famed nightingale floor--and to his own unimaginable destiny... An international bestseller, Across the Nightingale Floor is the first book in the Tales of the Otori series by Lian Hearn.
- Author BiographyLian Hearn is the pseudonym for the writer Gillian Rubinstein, currently living in Australia, who has a lifelong interest in Japan, has lived there, and speaks Japanese. All five books in the Tales of the Otori series-- Across the Nightingale Floor, Grass for His Pillow, Brilliance of the Moon, The Harsh Cry of the Heron, and Heaven's Net is Wide --are available now from Riverhead Books.
- Author(s)Lian Hearn
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleTales of the Otori (Paperback)
- Series Part/Volume Number01
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRiverhead Books,U.S.
- Weight268 g
- Width131 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.