All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThese scenes for two female actors are divided into two sections: comedy and drama. The comedy scenes will have audiences laughing at the outrageous yet believable scenarios. Comedy scenes include: On-line Love, Dirty Laundry, Marriage Phobia, New Best Friend Forever and more. The dramatic scenes will have the audience and actors thinking about the relevant topics. Dramatic scenes include: The Wishing Well, Night Storm, Broken Promises, The Red Dress and more. All scenes are entertaining and enjoyable. Actors will be challenged by each scene in this collection. Sets and costumes can be elaborate or simple. The length of every scene is perfect for the female dramatic duo competitions sponsored nationally. They may also be used for auditions, acting practice, or an evening of entertainment. Laurie Allen's plays for teens have had great success in productions across the United States. Many of her competition pieces have advanced to national Speech and Forensics competitions.
- Author BiographyLaurie Allen is a West Texas playwright who was drawn to the theatre during her teen years at Snyder High School while performing plays under the legendary Jerry P. Worsham. As this influential director led his students to a record setting state championships in UIL one-act play competitions, he taught these small town students they could achieve any dream they longed for, whether it was in the theatre or beyond. So, after graduating, she decided to combine her love for the theatre and her passion to write, and try her hand at writing a play. Her first play, Gutter Girl, won the Indian River Players One-Act Play Competition. At that moment she was hooked, knowing she had found the place where she belonged. Now, over twenty-five of her plays for adults and teens have been published by various publishers. Her plays for teens have enjoyed wide success across the United States with several of her high school competition pieces succeeding in the National Speech & Forensics Competitions. Learn more at Laurie Allen's website: www.laurie-allen.com
- Author(s)Laurie Allen
- PublisherChristian Publishers LLC
- Date of Publication06/12/2010
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationIA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMeriwether Publishing,U.S.
- Weight246 g
- Width215 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine15 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.49Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $14.91
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.