All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionActing and Living in Discovery, A Workbook for the Actor lays out essential fundamentals of the actor's process. Based on the author's experiences at the legendary HB Studio in New York City, Acting and Living in Discovery provides practical guidance for developing, honing, or revitalizing the actor's craft for the actor. A teacher can use the workbook to support a studio class, a special workshop, part of a university acting course, or private coaching. The chapters delve into basic facets of the acting process that lead the actor into discovering the corporal world of a script. Exercises at the end of each chapter invite the actor to discover the treasure trove of his unique self, and spell out the work an actor can do to wear the shoes of any character. The actor is at once the instrument and the player. The workbook can be read straight through or used as a reference for addressing a particular problem or topic.
- Author BiographyCarol Rosenfeld is Director of the Hagen Institute at HB Studio in New York City, where she teaches acting. Having trained with Uta Hagen and Alice Spivak, she was entrusted by Hagen to write the chapter on Hagen's technique exercises in The Training of the American Actor, edited by Arthur Bartow, published by TCG. Directing and acting in numerous successful television and stage productions, she has also had the privilege of working with some of the world's finest actors in her intensive workshops across Canada, at the Shaw Festival and the National Theatre School of Canada, The National Theatre of the Deaf, Barcelona, Copenhagen, and London.
- Author(s)Carol Rosenfeld
- PublisherFocus Publishing/R Pullins & Co
- Date of Publication12/09/2013
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationMA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFocus Publishing/R Pullins & Co
- Weight648 g
- Width6 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.