All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionActing in Musical Theatre remains the only complete course in approaching a role in a musical. It covers fundamental skills for vice actors, practical insights for professionals, and even tips to help veteran musical performers refine their craft. Updates in this expanded and revised second edition include: * A brand new companion website for students and teachers, including Powerpoint lecture slides, sample syllabi, and checklists for projects and exercises. * Learning outcomes for each chapter to guide teachers and students through the book's core ideas and lessons * New style overviews for pop and jukebox musicals * Extensive updated professional insights from field testing with students, young professionals, and industry showcases * Full-colour production images, bringing each chapter to life Acting in Musical Theatre's chapters divide into easy-to-reference units, each containing group and solo exercises, making it the definitive textbook for students and practitioners alike.
- Author BiographyRocco Dal Vera is Professor of Drama at the University of Cincinnati's College-Conservatory of Music where he heads the Division for Musical Theatre, Acting, Opera, Dance, Arts Administration, Theatre Design and Production. He is the author and editor of six books including Voice: Onstage and Off with Robert Barton. Joe Deer is Head of Musical Theatre at Wright State University, as well as being an experienced director, choreographer, actor, dancer, stage manager, and artistic director. He has been a musical theatre educator for almost thirty years, and is a frequent contributor to theatre publications, including Teaching Theatre Journal and Dramatics Magazine.
- Author(s)Joe Deer,Rocco Dal Vera
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/09/2015
- SubjectThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note18 black & white tables
- Weight1156 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.