All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.82Trending at AU $7.34
- AU $63.09Trending at AU $76.70
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
About this product
- DescriptionCraig Mertler's Action Research: Improving Schools and Empowering Educators introduces practicing educators to the process of conducting classroom-based action research. Practical and comprehensive, the book focuses on research methods and procedures that educators can use in their everyday profession. This Fifth Edition adds enhanced coverage of rigor and ethics in action research, means of establishing quality of both quantitative and qualitative data, as well as strengthened pedagogical features. New material including discussions of social justice advocacy as an application of action research and the inclusion of abstracts in research reports has been added.
- Author BiographyCraig A. Mertler has been an educator for 30 years, 20 of those in higher education. He is currently an Associate Professor and Coordinator of the EdD Program in Leadership and Innovation at Arizona State University. He teaches doctoral courses focused on the application of action research to promote educator empowerment, school improvement, and job-embedded professional development and also teaches quantitative research methods, introductory statistical analysis, multivariate statistical analysis, and educational assessment methods. He is the author of 20 books, four invited book chapters, 18 refereed journal articles, two instructors' manuals, and numerous nonrefereed articles and manuscripts. He has also presented more than 35 research papers at professional meetings around the country as well as internationally. He conducts workshops for in-service educational professionals (at all levels) on classroom-based action research and on the broad topic of classroom assessment. His primary research and consulting interests include classroom-based action research, data-driven educational decision making, professional learning communities, and classroom teachers' assessment literacy. Before teaching and researching at the university level, he taught high school biology and earth science and also coached track and volleyball. In his leisure time, he enjoys traveling with his family and playing golf. Dr. Mertler can be reached at Craig. Mertler@asu.edu or email@example.com for consulting, professional development, and speaking engagements.
- Author(s)Craig A. Mertler
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication15/09/2016
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width187 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.