Action Research: Living Theory by Jean McNiff, A. Jack Whitehead (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $46.73Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $28.30Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Action Research: Living Theory, Jean McNiff and Jack Whitehead set out their vision for action research in the 21st Century. This is a passionate, and compelling book, that defines the philosophy behind action research and the process of doing action research for all those interested in this fast growing area. It sets in place the foundations of action research as a discipline, and roots action research as a compassionate , ethical and politically-engaged form of enquiry. McNiff and Whitehead's book will be essential reading for all those with an interest in Action Research.
- Author BiographyJean McNiff is Professor of Educational Research at York St John University, UK. She is also a Visiting Professor at UiT the Arctic University of Norway, and at the Beijing Normal University and Ningxia Teachers' University, People's Republic of China. Jean took early retirement from her position as deputy head teacher of a large secondary school in Dorset, UK. She went into business for herself, and developed her writing. Her textbooks on action research and professional education are now used internationally on workplace-based professional education courses and on higher degree courses. Jean provides interdisciplinary consultancy work to institutions around the world where she gives lectures and conducts workshops on planning, doing and writing action research. Jean aims to contribute to personal and social betterment through educational research. She encourages everyone to make their stories public in the form of their personal and collaborative theories of practice; and she firmly believes that each individual is able to contribute to social and planetary wellbeing by explaining how they hold themselves accountable for what they do. In this way she links education with moral accountability. She tries to bring the university to everyday contexts, and everyday contexts into the university, for it is only by involving everyone, she feels, that the world will become a better place for us all. Visit Jean at www.jeanmcniff.com, or contact her at email@example.com
- Author(s)A. Jack Whitehead,Jean McNiff
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication15/03/2006
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine11 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $19.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.