All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionAction Research for Professional Selling by Peter McDonnell and Jean McNiff is for people working, or hoping to work in sales, who wish to improve their capacity for selling, and who may be involved in providing or participating in a structured sales training programme. It provides a basis for professional selling that connects the sales process to different philosophical models for understanding human interactions and contains much practical advice for selling in a tough ecomic environment. Action research is used across the professions as a powerful methodology for improving performance and outcomes and will enable sales practitioners to generate their practical theories of selling. The book answers calls for evidence-based practice in sales education, placing special emphasis on the strength of a values-based approach over the outmoded manipulative models of the past (many of which are still in evidence). It is essential to develop your understanding of what you are doing, and be able to explain it, and the book shows you how to do this through researching your practice in action. It focuses seriously on selling as a field of research offering an invative, practical approach to selling, underpinned by strong theoretical and philosophical frameworks.
- Author BiographyPeter McDonnell has spent over 15 years in direct sales in the financial, health and lifestyle industries. He previously spent many years as a health care manager and has operated his own health care business. Peter works with practitioners in a range of professions, including health and education, and has written and presented papers at international conferences on research-based professional development. Jean McNiff is well known worldwide for her writings in action research and professional education. Her books are used internationally as core texts on continuing and higher education courses. Jean is Professor of Educational Research at York St John University, and also holds visiting professorships at universities in China, South Africa and Norway.
- Author(s)Jean McNiff,Peter McDonnell
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/06/2014
- SubjectSales & Marketing
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 4 b&w illustrations
- Weight694 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine0 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.