Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionActivated Carbon Fiber and Textiles provides systematic coverage of the fundamentals, properties, and current and emerging applications of carbon fiber textiles in a single volume, providing industry professionals and academics working in the field with a broader understanding of these materials. Part I discusses carbon fiber principles and production, including precursors and pyrolysis, carbon fiber spinning, and carbonization and activation. Part II provides more detailed analysis of the key properties of carbon fiber textiles, including their thermal, acoustic, electrical, adsorption, and mechanical behaviors. The final section covers applications of carbon fiber such as filtration, energy protection, and energy and gas storage. * Features input from an editor who is an expert in his field: Professor Jonathan Chen has a wealth of experience in the area of activated carbon fiber materials* Provides systematic and comprehensive coverage of the key aspects of activated carbon fiber textiles, from their principles, processing, and properties to their industrial applications* Offers up-to-date coverage of new techlogy for the fiber and textiles industries* Covers applications such as filtration, energy protection, and energy and gas storage
- Author BiographyDr Jonathan Chen is a Professor and Laboratory Director in the program of Textiles and Clothing in the School of Human Ecology at UT Austin. He is engaged in research into the fabrication and characterization of activated carbon fiber materials for end uses in protective garments, water/air filtration, bio- and chemical-contaminant cleanup, and noise absorption and insulation. Dr. Chen is a senior member of the American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists (AATCC), member of the American Chemical Society, and member of the Textile Institute.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication25/08/2016
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleWoodhead Publishing Series in Textiles
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byJonathan M. Chen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.