All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.48
About this product
- DescriptionThe term scienti?c inquiry as manifest in different educational settings covers a wide range of diverse activities. The differences in types of scienti?c inquiry can be organized along a continuum according to the degree of teacher control and intellectual sophistication involved in each type of inquiry. Types of scienti?c inquiry can also be de?ned according to whether they produce cultural kwledge or personal kwledge. Authentic scienti?c inquiry is de?ned according to ?ve characteristics: devel- ment of personal and cultural kwledge; contextualized scienti?c kwledge; the progression toward high-order problem solving; social interaction for s- enti?c goals; and scienti?c inquiry as a multi-stage and multi-representational process. The de?nition of scienti?c inquiry that forms the basis for the development of an assessment program consists of a two-part analytical frame: the de?nition of kwledge types relevant to scienti?c inquiry and the de?nition of an organi- tional frame for these kwledge types. Four types of kwledge are signi?cant for the de?nition of a speci?c s- enti?c inquiry program: cognitive kwledge, physical kwledge, represen- tional kwledge, and presentational kwledge. All four of these kwledge types are considered signi?cant. These four types of kwledge are organized in a framework that consists of two intersecting axes: the axis of kwledge types and the axis of stages of a s- ci?c scienti?c inquiry. This framework describes scienti?c inquiry as multi-stage process that involves the development of a series of in-lab outcomes (represen- tions) over an extended period of time.
- Author(s)David Ian Hanauer,Debbie Jacobs-Sera,Graham F. Hatfull
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication26/03/2009
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Series TitleMentoring in Academia and Industry
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 2
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note8 black & white illustrations, 11 colour illustrations, 4 black & white tables, biography
- Weight274 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.