Active Experiences for Active Children: Science by Carol Seefeldt, Ithel Jones, Alice R. Galper (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $62.08+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $53.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPart of a series of texts, Active Experiences for Active Children: Science, Third Edition, is unique to the market by providing a theoretical foundation for teaching science to preschoolers and primary-grade children alongside meaningful, standards-based, constructivist, hands-on learning experiences to guide teachers in their practice. Organized around the National Science Education Standards and the Benchmarks for Science Literacy, the textconsists of clear, concise, usable guides for planning meaningful learning experiences in science for children in childcare settings, preschool programs, Head Start and other federally funded programs, and kindergarten. Primary-grade children should be engaged in active experiential learning as well, and each experience is extended to the early primary grades (grades 1-3). The experiences in this book are meaningful because they: * are grounded in children's interests and needs in their here-and-w world. * have integrity in terms of content key to science. * involve children in group work, investigations, or projects based on inquiry learning. * have continuity: One experience builds on ather, forming a complete, coherent, integrated learning curriculum for young children as well as connecting the early childhood setting to children's homes and communities. * provide time and opportunity for children to think and reflect on their experiences. * provide the teacher with the opportunity to document and assess children's learning. Organized to address a variety of audiences, the text is formatted in two parts: Part One offers a foundation for young children and science; Part Two offers thematic based units full of resources for teachers, teacher strategies, and inquiry-based experiences for children. The content has been expanded in the third edition to include a new chapter on engaging children with the natural world (Chapter 14), references to the most recent reports on science education from the National Academies, updated and expanded lists of books and Web sites for children and adults, and new activities. This highly- readable, user-friendly series text is formatted with an engaging, conversational style that will connect and resonate with its varied readers.
- Author(s)Alice R. Galper,Carol Seefeldt,Ithel Jones
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication21/06/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight508 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.78
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.