All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionImagine walking into your next interview thoroughly prepared, relaxed, confident, and ready to present yourself as the best candidate for the job. Now picture yourself getting that much anticipated phone call from the hiring manager saying, You have really impressed us, and we would love to have you join our company. When can you start? ACTIVE INTERVIEWING: BRANDING, SELLING, AND PRESENTING YOURSELF TO WIN YOUR NEXT JOB is filled with information every job seeker needs to kw to win interviews and land jobs in today's rapidly changing and hypercompetitive job market. Introducing a new approach called Active Interviewing, this book provides strategies and tools today's job candidate needs to ensure confidence and success in any job interview. Rather than focusing on the typical and well-worn interview suggestions, such as how to answer questions, what to wear, how to give a good handshake, and how to project a positive attitude, this book focuses on proven higher-level strategies that win interviews. These include actively using personal branding to convey a potent hire me message, using sales techniques, developing an interview presentation to powerfully showcase information the interviewer needs to kw to make an informed hiring decision, and implementing an effective after-interview follow-through plan. This is the only interview book that demonstrates a powerfully persuasive interview approach and integrates with an online site where readers will find resources to prepare for interviews and develop an interview-winning presentation. ACTIVE INTERVIEWING: BRANDING, SELLING, AND PRESENTING YOURSELF TO WIN YOUR NEXT JOB gives job candidates a competitive edge for today's job market that helps them secure jobs they love and earn the money they deserve.
- Author BiographyAn accomplished career coach and consultant, Eric P. Kramer, M.Ed. has used his clinical psychology background and extensive business experience to help thousands of individuals manage and advance their careers. Kramer started his career as a clinical psychologist before becoming a thriving entrepreneur in software development and a sought-after career consultant. He has worked for both large and small companies, including serving as senior career consultant and career center manager for two of the country's largest career transition firms. As a senior consultant, Kramer worked with hundreds of job searchers individually and in groups, teaching them job search skills and coaching them through their interviews. Based on his background in psychology and through his work with transitioning professionals, Kramer has become an interview expert. Kramer has authored two books, published by Cengage Learning, 101 SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEWING STRATEGIES and 101 SUCCESSFUL NETWORKING STRATEGIES, and publishes a blog, Interview Your Best. Kramer is also the developer of the iBest Interview Presentation-- www.interviewbest.com--and Tweets as @InterviewBest. Eric earned a bachelor's degree in psychology from the University of Hartford and a master's degree in counseling psychology from American University. He is trained in Positive Psychology Coaching and is licensed as a psychologist in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Eric Kramer
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication30/08/2011
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Weight890 g
- Width216 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.