Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionACTIVE Skills for Reading uses thematically organized n-fiction reading passages to teach reading comprehension and vocabulary skills. Written by reading specialist Neil J. Anderson, this invative series uses an ACTIVE reading methodology to help learners become more confident, independent, and active readers.
- Author BiographyNeil J. Anderson is a Humanities Professor of Linguistics and English Language at Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah, USA. He also serves as the Coordinator of the English Language Center. Professor Anderson has taught and presented papers and workshops in over 20 countries. His research interests include ELT leadership, second language reading and language learning strategies. He is the author of a teacher education text in the TeacherSource series entitled Exploring Second Language Reading: Issues and Strategies (1999, Heinle Cengage) and an EFL reading series ACTIVE Skills for Reading (2007/2008 Heinle Cengage). He is also the author of the ELT Advantage: Reading on-line professional development (2006, Heinle Cengage). During 2002-2003 he was a Fulbright Scholar conducting research and teaching in Costa Rica. Professor Anderson served as President of the international association of Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages, Inc. 2001-2002. He also served as the Chair of the Board of Trustee for The International Research Foundation for English Language Education 2004-2006.
- Author(s)Neil J. Anderson
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication06/01/2008
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHeinle-Cengage ELT
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width200 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.