All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $73.94Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $22.08Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $21.74
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.98
About this product
- DescriptionFocusing on the global south, international contributors explore women's activism around social and political issues. Contributors from Africa, Asia, Latin America, Australia, Canada, and more explore social justice and gender equality, particularly in the global south. The issue includes photo-essays about US and South African performance art, an interview with rewned feminist activist Charlotte Bunch, and a discussion forum on Mary Wollstonecraft. Articles and fiction examine how art, humour, protests, detective vels, and transnational networks promote progressive agendas.
- Author BiographyDorothy L. Hodgson is professor of anthropology at Rutgers University. Hodgson researches gender, ethnicity, cultural politics, colonialism, nationalism, modernity, the missionary encounter, transnational organizing, and the indigenous rights movement. Her books include Once Intrepid Warriors. She is writing a book on the historical and contemporary dynamics of NGOs in Africa through a case study of the Maasai in Tanzania. Ethel C. Brooks is assistant professor of women's and gender studies and sociology at Rutgers University. She is interested in relations of gender, race, class, labor practices, citizenship, transnationality, and nation-state formations. She has written Unraveling the Garment Industry: Transnational Organizing and Women's Work. She is researching political economy, racializations, and post-September 11 Pakistani communities.
- PublisherFeminist Press at The City University of New York
- Date of Publication01/12/2007
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFeminist Press at The City University of New York
- Content Note10 illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width154 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDorothy L. Hodgson,Ethel Carolyn Brooks
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.