All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionDifferentiated instruction enables teachers to plan strategically so they can meet the individual needs of all students. Based on tested, research-based strategies presented in Differentiated Instructional Strategies: One Size Doesn't Fit All, Second Edition, this unique resource provides practical activities teachers can immediately incorporate into their differentiated lesson plans. Some of these strategies include: choice boards, cubing, graphic organizers, centers, problem-based learning, and cooperative learning. This activity book gives teachers the tools they need to reach students according to their readiness and ability levels, making a positive difference in student achievement.
- Author BiographyGayle H. Gregory is first and foremost a teacher, having experienced teaching and learning in elementary, middle, and secondary schools, community colleges, and universities. She has had extensive district-wide experience as a curriculum consultant and staff development coordinator. Gayle was principal/course director at York University for the Faculty of Education, teaching in the teacher education program. Her areas of expertise include brain-compatible learning, differentiated instructional and assessment strategies, block scheduling, emotional intelligence, student motivation, RTI Tier One, collaborative learning, common core, renewal of secondary schools, enhancing teacher quality, coaching and mentoring, managing change, and building professional learning communities. She also a trainer for Visible Learning Plus with Corwin. She is an author of numerous books related to educational neuroscience and differentiated instruction, assessment, and curriculum, including the following titles: * Data Driven Differentiation in the Standards-Based Classroom, Second Edition (2014, with Lin Kuzmich) * Differentiated Instructional Strategies: One Size Doesn't Fit All, Third Edition (2013, with Carolyn Chapman) * Differentiated Instructional Strategies Professional Learning Guide: One Size Doesn't Fit All, Third Edition (2013) * Differentiated Literacy Strategies for English Language Learners, Grades K-6 and Differentiated Literacy Strategies for English Language Learners, Grades 7-12 (2011, with Amy Burkman) * Differentiated Instructional Strategies for the Block Schedule (2010, with Lynne E. Herndon) * Student Teams That Get Results: Teaching Tools for the Differentiated Classroom (2009, with Lin Kuzmich) * Teacher Teams That Get Results: 61 Strategies for Sustaining and Renewing Professional Learning Communities (2009, with Lin Kuzmich) * Differentiated Instructional Strategies for Science, Grades K-8 (2009, with Elizabeth Hammerman) * Differentiating Instruction With Style: Aligning Teacher and Learner Intelligences for Maximum Achievement (2005) * The Activities for Differentiated Classroom series (2007, with Carolyn Chapman) She is affiliated with organizations such as ASCD and Learning Forward. Her ASCD publication is The Motivated Brain: Improving Student Attention engagement and Perseverance (2015, with Martha Kaufeldt). Gayle consults internationally with teachers, administrators, and staff developers. She and her family of two daughters and two granddaughters all reside in Burlington, Ontario. Gayle is committed to lifelong learning and professional growth for herself and others. She may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org, www.gaylehgregory.com, and @gaylegregory6. Carolyn Chapman is an international educational consultant, author, and teacher who has taught in kindergarten to college classrooms. Her interactive, hands-on professional development training sessions challenge educators to use strategies that ensure success for learners of all ages. Chapman has written many books about differentiated instruction, multiple intelligences, multiple assessments, and the brain-compatible classroom. She is coauthor with Gayle Gregory of the landmark Corwin Press book Differentiated Instructional Strategies: One Size Doesn't Fit All.
- Author(s)Carolyn M. Chapman,Gayle H. Gregory
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication05/02/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.