All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionFinding good, interesting audition pieces is a demanding and difficult process for actors. Jean Marlow has brought together 50 selections, the majority of which have never appeared in an audition book before. The pieces, which include modern and classical, have been selected because most of them require or can be performed in a particular accent. Examples of the range of parts included are American, Asian, Jamaican, Irish, South African, Italian, Scottish, Welsh, Newcastle and Yorkshire, covering all ages. Actors can find a speech to suit their particular voice or can show their range by selecting a speech with a contrasting accent. There is an introductory section showing how to prepare and give your best performance at an audition. In addition there are comments from directors giving their advice on how to audition successfully.
- Author BiographyJean Marlow, with her co-director Eamonn Jones, has run The Actors' Theatre School in London for several years and is an experienced actress and teacher. All the selections in this book have been tried and tested by her students.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication31/03/2004
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleAudition Speeches
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMethuen Drama
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight186 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edited byJean Marlow
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.