All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a fresh analysis of the Acts of the Apostles . New Testament scholars often proceed with their work as if their methods and areas of inquiry were predetermined. This work provides three important services for New Testament study, and Acts scholarship in particular. First, the work surveys contemporary Acts scholarship on two important topics of the day: the genre of Acts and issues of wealth and poverty in Luke-Acts . Second, this volume provides a careful analysis of the process of interpretation and calls for greater self-awareness among critical readers of Acts . Third, this book urges scholars to open themselves to new and broader areas of inquiry in the study of Acts . Anyone interested in the New Testament, Christian origins, or the early church will benefit from this study of the Acts of the Apostles .
- Author BiographyThomas E. Phillips is professor of New Testament and Early Christian Studies at Point Loma Nazarene University and cochair of the section on Acts at the Society of Biblical Literature. He earned his Ph.D. at Southern Methodist University and is the author of Reading Issues of Wealth and Poverty in Luke-Acts (2001) and Contemporary Studies in Acts (2009). He is also the editor of Acts and Ethics (2005) and the coeditor of Literary Studies in Luke-Acts (1998).
- Author(s)Thomas E. Phillips
- PublisherMercer University Press
- Date of Publication15/12/2009
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMercer University Press
- Content Noteindex, bibliography
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.