All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- Description<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC -//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN > In Acts of Occupation, historians Cavell and Noakes deliver the engrossing story of Canada's early days of Arctic policy. Drawing on a wealth of previously untapped archival sources, they show how one explorer's self-serving ambition fueled unfounded paraia about Denmark's designs on the rth, and ultimately served as the catalyst for Canada's active administrative occupation of the Arctic. A compelling tale that throws new light on a transformative period in Canadian Arctic policy-making, Acts of Occupation offers much-needed historical context for contemporary debates on rthern sovereignty.
- Author Biography<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC -//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN > Janice Cavell works in the Historical Section at Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. Jeff Noakes is a historian at the Canadian War Museum.
- Author(s)Janice Cavell,Jeff Noakes
- PublisherUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Date of Publication17/12/2010
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps, ports.
- Weight680 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.