Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- Description<i>WARNING: This book will teach you absolutely thing. Seriously, you won't learn anything educational from this 125-page collection of sentences. You might snicker, you will probably shake your head, and some of you might even spit out your coffee laughing, but you won't be any smarter when you're done with it. (Clearly some reviewers thought otherwise.)</i> Actually, Clams Are Miserable is a humorous exploration of the cliches and expressions Americans use every day without really thinking about what they're saying. Some of the expressions poked fun of in this book include: It's raining cats and dogs out there. I'm all ears. That's like comparing apples and oranges. Let's bury the hatchet When push comes to shove Happy as a clam Let's give 110% Don't throw the baby out with the bath water and many more If you've said or heard any of those expressions in the last month, you might get a kick out of this book. But remember, you won't learn about the history or origins of these expressions. This isn't History 101, this is recess. So kick off your shoes (t literally, that might hurt someone) and enjoy a fun, easy read that will forever change the way you look at these common expressions.
- Author BiographyA blogger since 2001, Bryan is the author of two books on blogging and social media: 31 Days to Finding Your Blogging Mojo and Community Wins. His first humor book, Actually, Clams Are Miserable, was released in November 2012. Bryan's writing has appeared in print in RELEVANT Magazine and online at The Burnside Writers Collective and The Daily Beast. He was the author of one of the 15 Most Memorable Tweets of the 2012 Election by Time Magazine alongside President Obama, Lady Gaga, and Alec Baldwin. He writes occasional doses of nonsense & inspiration at BryanAllain.com and provides coaching and resources to bloggers at KillerTribes.com. He lives with his wife, Erica, and their two children, Kylie and Parker, in Lancaster County, PA.
- Author(s)Bryan Allain
- PublisherKiller Tribes
- Date of Publication03/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKiller Tribes
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.