All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat would you like to do with your life? What career would allow you to fulfill your dreams of success? If you like mathematics-and the prospect of a highly mobile, international profession-consider becoming an actuary. Szabo's Actuaries' Survival Guide, Second Edition explains what actuaries are, what they do, and where they do it. It describes exciting combinations of ideas, techniques, and skills involved in the day-to-day work of actuaries. This second edition has been updated to reflect the rise of social networking and the internet, the progress toward a global kwledge-based ecomy, and the global expansion of the actuarial field that has occurred since the first edition.
- Author BiographyAuthor of: The Linear Algebra Survival Guide, 1st Edition Actuaries' Survival Guide, 2nd Edition Actuaries' Survival Guide, 1st Edition Linear Algebra: An Introduction using Maple, 1st Edition Linear Algebra: An Introduction using Mathematica, 1st Edition Fred E. Szabo is professor in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at Concordia University in Canada. He completed his undergraduate studies at Oxford University under the guidance of Sir Michael Dummett and received a Ph.D. in mathematics from McGill University under the supervision of Joachim Lambek. After postdoctoral studies at Oxford University and visiting professorships at several European universities, he returned to Concordia University as a faculty member and dean of graduate studies. For more than twenty years, he developed methods for the teaching of mathematics with technology. In 2012 he was honored at the annual Wolfram Technology Conference for his work on A New Kind of Learning with a Wolfram Innovator Award. He is currently professor and Provost Fellow at Concordia University.
- Author(s)Fred Szabo
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication25/06/2012
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight490 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.46
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.