All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPracticed for more than 2,000 years, acupuncture was once restricted to the realm of alternative medicine. It was thought to be based on mythical elements and t easily understood by those in the scientific community. Acupuncture: An Anatomical Approach, Second Edition dispels these tions and brings this once backroom therapy into the forefront-explaining it in terms that can be easily comprehended by all medical professionals. Presenting a scientific, anatomical approach to acupuncture, this volume discusses: * The basics of the nervous system * Acupuncture points located in the head and face, formed by the cranial nerves * The cervical plexus, which forms acupuncture points in the neck region * Acupuncture points formed by the brachial plexus in the upper limbs, spinal nerves in the body trunk, and the lumbar-sacral plexuses in the lower limbs * The anesthesia effect of biochemical substances in the nervous system * The measurement and quantification of pain * Applications of acupuncture in clinical practice, from cases easy to treat to those more challenging * Theories on the future of acupuncture The treatment of pain, in general, is controversial, as many therapies have unintended consequences and side effects. Acupuncture provides a therapy that is quick, easy to perform, and requires medications. This volume enables physicians, osteopaths, pain specialists, chiropractors, and other health professionals to perform this effective treatment for their patients who experience both chronic and acute pain.
- Author BiographyHouchi Dung earned a Ph.D. in anatomy from the University of Louisville in 1970. Soon after, he accepted a faculty position in the Department of Anatomy, School of Medicine, at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, which he held until his retirement in 2002. His main responsibilities were teaching gross human anatomy to medical and dental students and conducting research on a number of neurological mutations in mice. During his 31-year academic career, he published 24 papers on the field of acupuncture from his clinical experience. He has published several books on acupuncture and pain-three in English and three in Chinese.
- Author(s)Houchi Dung
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication07/11/2013
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note107 black & white illustrations, 15 black & white tables
- Weight635 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsSewn
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.69Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.