CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionIn Jack Campbell's New York Times bestselling Lost Fleet series, Campbell's hero Captain Black Jack Geary explores the furthest reaches of space. Here, Campbell explores what kinds of problems mankind might face as our horizons expand. The third in a series of collections of Campbell's short stories includes some of Campbell's favorite stories, and some of his earliest. A brand new author's te accompanies each story. Lady Be Good is one of Campbell's most popular stories, winner of Analog Magazine's AnLab reader poll for Best Short Story and cited in Gardner Dozois' Year's Best SF. The Lady Be Good is an old ship, running obscure routes, t all on the right side of the law, with her loyal first officer Kilcann and reclusive captain. When Kilcann decides to rescue the survivors of an attack on a Vestral Company ship, a mysterious new passenger thanks him by asking difficult questions about the Lady, with unexpected answers. In Kyrie Eleison, the Verio shipwrecked centuries ago on an out-of-the-way planet, and the descendants of the ship's survivors have gotten along as well as they can by following the orders that were passed on to them. But those orders weren't intended to govern life on the planet's surface, and when the Bellegrange arrives on a rescue mission, her captain will have to reckon with the unexpected social order on the planet. In Do No Harm, a ship is so techlogically advanced that it can repair itself--but turning over the keys might t be the best idea. And in Down the Rabbit Hole, a series of failed attempts at faster-than-light travel lead to a vel approach: sending an untested Naval captain out in a space ship to see if he can figure out what's gone wrong. With eleven stories in all, AD ASTRA is the most multi-faceted introduction to the short fiction of Jack Campbell, and an essential complement to his bestselling book-length work.
- Author BiographyJACK CAMPBELL is the pen name for John G. Hemry, a retired Naval officer. John graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis before serving with the surface fleet and in a variety of other assignments. He is the author of The Lost Fleet and The Lost Stars series, as well as the Stark's War series and the Paul Sinclair series. His short fiction appears frequently in Analog Magazine. He lives with his indomitable wife and three children in Maryland.
- Author(s)Jack Campbell
- PublisherJabberwocky Literary Agency, Inc.
- Date of Publication13/02/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJabberwocky Literary Agency, Inc.
- Out-of-print date10/11/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.