All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $32.93Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
About this product
- DescriptionAd hoc networking is a new area in wireless communications that is going to prevail in the next few decades. Understanding the full potential of this techlogy will lead to new applications both civilian and military, such as military ad hoc wireless networks, environmental sensor networks, car-based ad hoc networks, biomedical networks and many more. This text takes a bottom-up perspective. * The physical layer performance of ad hoc wireless networks is studied in detail showing the strong dependence of higher layer performance on physical layer capabilities and limitations. * A communication-theoretic perspective on the design of ad hoc wireless networks is presented. * The interaction between physical layer and higher layers is discussed providing a new perspective in the practical design of ad hoc wireless networks. Topics in the book range from the basic principles of networking and communication systems through to applications making it ideal for practicing and R&D engineers in the wireless communications and networking industries looking to understand this new area. The inclusion of problems and solutions at the end of each chapter furthers understanding and makes it a highly relevant text for post-graduate and senior undergraduates on communication systems and computer science courses.
- Author BiographyOzan Tonguz is the Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Co-Director of the Centre for Wireless and Broadband Networking at Carnegie Mellon University, USA. He has twenty years teaching experience at universities in the US and has ten years industry consulting experience. He has also been granted service awards from the IEEE Communications Society and the Optical Society of America. Dr Ferrari completed his Ph.D. in 2002 and is an Assistant Professor at University of Parma in Italy. He is currently on leave carrying out research on ad hoc wireless networks at Carnegie Mellon University, USA in Professor Tonguz's department.
- Author(s)Gianluigi Ferrari,Ozan K. Tonguz
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication17/03/2006
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight816 g
- Width181 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.