All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.47
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $11.54Trending at AU $16.38
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $19.46Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionThe wedding of billionaire Adam Bloch and Maisie Maclaren is the event of the year in Clement's Cove, Maine-a town in which the mansion-like 'cottages' of the summering elite sit side-by-side with the modest homes of working-class locals. Adam, a shy, tentative man with a terrible tragedy in his past, has, at fifty-four, reached the moment in his life when he feels he is finally ready to live-and yet he doesn't quite kw what to do with himself. When Maisie asks for a lap pool so she can strengthen her body, debilitated by years of Hodgkin's disease, Adam approaches his neighbour with a generous offer to buy the plot of land on which her trailer sits to make room for the pool. She refuses, and a chain of events is set in motion that pits Adam against his neighbours, the new rich against those scraping by, outsider against old-timer, in an escalating struggle that can only end in catastrophe.
- Author BiographyJeffrey Lewis won two Emmys as a writer and producer of Hill Street Blues. He lives in Los Angeles and Castine, Maine.
- PrizesWinner of Independent Publisher Book Awards: Literary Fiction Gold Award 2009. Runner-up for ForeWord Magazine Book of the Year Award: Fiction - General 2008.
- Author(s)Jeffrey Lewis
- PublisherHaus Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication01/07/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHaus Publishing Limited
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.