Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.45
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of essays offers a sustained, theoretically rigorous rethinking of various issues at work in film and other media adaptations. The essays in the volume as a whole explore the reciprocal, intertextual quality of adaptations that permeate the contemporary media experience-from books, to films, to music, to graphic vels. The central argument in this book is that texts in various media always borrow, rework, and adapt each other in complex ways; in addition, the authors in this volume explore the specific forces (social, ecomic, historical, and authorial) that are at work in particular texts and intertexts. Together, the fourteen essays emphasize that adaptations, in the intersections they create across different media, inhabit a sort of cross-fertilization that is both artistically productive and affirmative of difference.
- Author BiographyChrista Albrecht-Crane is associate professor and assistant chair in the Department of English and Literature at Utah Valley University. Dennis Cutchins is associate professor of English at Brigham Young University.
- PublisherAssociated University Presses
- Date of Publication15/08/2010
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationCranbury
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFairleigh Dickinson University Press,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width160 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byDennis Cutchins
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.