All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionThis book looks at what goes into localization of advertisements in Indian languages. 'Ad'apting to Markets discusses the process of localization of advertisements (ads) in different Indian languages and its socio-cultural implications. While doing so, it provides insights into the ideologies and cultural values of contemporary societies as they have a powerful influence t only on consumers' product choices but also on their motivations and lifestyles. The book brings out the manner in which the local market is approached in regional languages to woo consumers and increase sales, the various ways in which localization is achieved, and the visual as well as linguistic 'translation' that 'localized' ads involve.
- Author BiographySunitha Srinivas C. is Assistant Professor, Govt. College of Mokeri, Calicut, Kerala. She obtained her MA (English) and PhD from University of Calicut, Kerala. Dr Srinivas is the recipient of the Editors' Choice Award from Home of Letters, Bhubaneswar. She has published research papers on advertising and media studies in peer-reviewed journals and is the author of Functionalism and Indian English Fiction: From Cradle to Grave. She has authored numerous poems. Apart from this, Dr Srinivas has also been a resource person for academic programmes organized by various institutions and universities.
- Author(s)Sunitha C. Srinivas
- PublisherSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication24/06/2015
- SubjectSales & Marketing
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSAGE India
- Weight363 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.