All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf every person is unique, why do coaches use the same worn-out methods for everyone? Employees seeking performance improvement require a coaching approach tailored to meet their specific needs and preferences. In Adaptive Coaching, Second Edition, executive development experts Terry Bacon and Laurie Voss draw from over 2,000 case studies of Fortune 500 employees to show how people prefer to be coached - and the powerful results coaches can achieve by being adaptable. This essential handbook offers the key tools and techniques that coaches require to identify clients' real needs, negotiate expectations, adapt to different working styles, and help clients change. Bacon and Voss also include numerous examples of coaching dialogues that illustrate how to initiate coaching sessions, build rapport, ask probing questions, give feedback, challenge clients, and effectively close coaching sessions. With four new chapters, Adaptive Coaching, Second Edition explores new coaching techniques for encouraging transformative change in your clients. It is the perfect companion to your creative, unique coaching sessions, teaching you to master the on-going and ever changing dialogue between coach and client.
- Author BiographyTerry R. Bacon, Ph.D. is founder, CEO, and chairman of Lore International Institute, a global executive development firm whose work with such Fortune 500 firms as American Express, Cargill, Centex, Fluor, General Electric, Halliburton, Raytheon, and Ford Motor Company has included executive assessment, coaching, education, and organizational consulting in talent management and human capital development. He has coached thousands of executives and designed and delivered hundreds of programs on leadership, management, and interpersonal effectiveness over his 30-year career as a coach, teacher, and consultant. A prolific author and popular speaker, his most recent books include Winning Behavior, The Behavioral Advantage, Powerful Proposals, and Adaptive Coaching.
- Author(s)Laurie Voss,Terry R. Bacon
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication11/09/2012
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNicholas Brealey International
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight668 g
- Width153 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.