All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.82Trending at AU $7.34
- AU $63.09Trending at AU $76.70
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
About this product
- DescriptionSustainable water management is a key environmental challenge of the 21st century. This book presents the very latest studies, methods and invations for managing our water resources from the first International Conference on Adaptive and Integrated Water Management, held in November 2007 in Basel, Switzerland. The book addresses a wide interdisciplinary audience of scientists and professionals from academia, industry, and those involved in policy making.
- Author BiographyClaudia Pahl-Wostl, is Full professor of resource management at the Institute of Environmental Systems Research, University of Osnabrueck is an internationally leading expert on adaptive water management, water governance and participatory integrated assessment. Her research focuses on developing innovative concepts of managing transformation processes towards sustainability with an emphasis on an improved understanding of dynamics and management of actor networks and the implications of complexity and uncertainty. She is the coordinator of the EU project NEWATER (New methods for adaptive water management). Pavel Kabat, is Full Professor and Chair Holder of the Earth System Science and Climate Change Group at Wageningen UR; Co-Chair of the International Scientific Steering Committee of IGBP/ILEAPS; Programme and Science Director of the International Cooperative Programme on Water and Climate (UNESCO/WMO/WWC); Science Director of the Dutch National Research Programme on Climate change and Spatial Planning. His scientific focus is on land - atmosphere interactions, climate hydrology and the water cycle, climate system and climate change. Jorn Moltgen, is a Geographer at the Institute of Environmental Systems Research, University of Osnabrueck. His scientific focus is on usability engineering and knowledge processing for decision support systems in water management. He coordinated several national projects in transportation planning and water management and is manager of the integrated EU project NEWATER.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication19/10/2010
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note31 black & white tables, biography
- Weight694 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byClaudia Pahl-Wostl,Jorn Moltgen,Pavel Kabat
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2008
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.