All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionThe Addictions and Trauma Recovery Integration Model (ATRIUM) presented here provides a blend of psychoeducation, process, and expressive activities, all of which are structured to address key issues linked to the experience of both trauma and addiction. The mind-body-spirit approach offers interventions to address these three dimensions of recovery in an integrated program of healing and empowerment. This how-to manual introduces new ways of thinking about self-care, self-soothing, and self-expression. It provides a practical and empathic approach to the dysregulated mind-body experience of people with addictions who struggle with the impact of trauma. The recovery model described here may be used in conjunction with 12-step or other addiction treatment programs, as a supplement to trauma-focused psychotherapy, or as an independent model for healing. Each treatment component includes clearly articulated, illustrated explanations and interventions to be used collaboratively by professionals and consumers in groups or individual treatment. Handouts allow consumers to work on coping skills between sessions.
- Author BiographyLaurie Guidry, also a clinical psychologist, writer, and consultant in Massachusetts, has worked extensively in the area of trauma and addictions recovery. Dr. Guidry has lectured on the impact of trauma on the mind and body, and is a specialist in issues related to sexual victimization and perpetration. Dusty Miller, author of the popular trauma and addictions book Women Who Hurt Themselves, is a clinical psychologist, writer, and consultant. Dr. Miller is in recovery and is a survivor of childhood trauma and the mental health system.
- Author(s)Dusty Miller,Dusty Solomon,Laurie Guidry
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication08/08/2001
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Weight470 g
- Width198 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.