Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionAddie Joss (1880-1911) mowed down batters for the Cleveland Broncos/Naps from 1902 to 1910 before his career was cut short by his tragic death from tubercular meningitis in 1911. With a career ERA of 1.89 and two -hitters, Joss earned Hall of Fame election despite a career that lasted less than ten years, the only player to do so. In the off-season, Joss also excelled as a sportswriter for the Toledo News-Bee and the Cleveland Press, filling the empty winter months penning stories about the game he knew firsthand. This collection of Joss's newspaper columns and World Series reports is a treasury of the Dead-ball Era, intimate first-person observations of the game and its players from the first decade of the American League. Informative antations, archival photographs, and a brief biography complete the work.
- Author BiographyRich Blevins is professor of English at the University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg, and a member of the Society for American Baseball Research. Gary Mitchem is senior acquisitions editor at McFarland and a member of SABR. Mark Durr is senior cover designer at McFarland and a member of SABR.
- Author(s)Addie Joss,Gary Mitchem,Mark Durr
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/07/2012
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width152 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.