All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionWhether you are a student teacher just beginning to explore English language teaching, an ESL teacher, or a seasoned classroom teacher integrating second language learners into a mainstream K-12 program, Adding English: A Guide to Teaching in Multilingual Classrooms is a comprehensive source of ideas of advice for enhancing the learning of all students in all subject areas and at all grade levels. In Adding English, Elizabeth Coelho sets out exemplary practices and practical strategies to help you ensure that newcomers feel welcome and supported in your multilingual school and classroom understand the challenges faced by those who are adding English to their repertoire of languages develop your kwledge of the basics of English so that you can support language learners more effectively provide content-based language instruction geared to the needs of English language learners organize a program and plan lessons that meet the needs of all students plan assessment and evaluation activities that take into account the needs of second language learners Presented in a clear, understandable, and highly readable style, the teaching solutions offered in Adding English make it an essential and welcome resource, one that has quickly established itself as a core text in many courses for ESL teachers.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Coelho has had a long and distinguished career focused on English language learners, immigrant education, and effective instruction in linguistically and culturally diverse schools. A former district coordinator for English as a Second Language in the Toronto District School Board, Elizabeth has also worked on policy and resource development related to English language learners for the Ontario Ministry of Education, as well as with educators in school districts and universities across North America. Elizabeth also taught at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education of the University of Toronto, helping to prepare new teachers for the multilingual and multicultural reality of today's schools. A popular presenter at national and international conferences, Elizabeth has recently been working with educators in Spain, where immigration is having a strong impact on schools. The author of several professional articles and resource books for teachers, including Adding English, Learning Together in the Multicultural Classroom and Teaching and Learning in Multicultural Schools: An Integrated Approach, Elizabeth has also written the popular Jigsaw and Jigsaw Plus.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Coelho
- PublisherPippin Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication05/11/2003
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintPippin Publishing Corporation
- Content Notetables
- Weight840 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Illustrator(s)Pat Cupples
- Volume editorDyanne Rivers
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.