Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.82Trending at AU $7.34
- AU $63.09Trending at AU $76.70
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
About this product
- DescriptionDespite widespread recognition that the majority of homeless women suffer from severe mental and emotional trauma, our healthcare system has essentially left them untreated-other than to mask their symptoms with psychiatric drugs. Why? And what can be done about it? Addressing this issue, Laura Huey and Rose Ricciardelli t only present an integrated analysis of the ways that the system is failing homeless women, but also propose a sensible alternative to the status quo.
- Author BiographyLaura Huey is associate professor of sociology at the University of Western Ontario, USA. She is author of Negotiating Demands: The Politics of Skid Row Policing and Invisible Victims: Homelessness and the Growing Security Gap. Rose Ricciardelli is assistant professor of sociology at Memorial University, USA.
- Author(s)Laura Huey,Rose Ricciardelli
- PublisherLynne Rienner Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication30/07/2016
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationBoulder CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLynne Rienner Publishers Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.