All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
About this product
- DescriptionThis unique report covers both technical and market information on adhesives and sealants in one volume. It has been written by an author with extensive experience in research and formulation of adhesives and sealants, and who has also been in senior management, market research and consulting in the industry. It provides an excellent analysis of the state-of-the-art in the adhesives and sealants industry. It is clearly written and will be of interest to experts, designers and end-users. The global adhesives and sealants market is worth in excess of USD 20 billion. Adhesives range in chemistry from the ancient use of blood, hide, casein and starch products from nature to modern radiation cured synthetic polymers. Commodity and general purpose adhesives, which are sold in relatively high volumes, include: formaldehyde resins, starch and dextrin adhesives, styrene-butadiene latex binders, natural rubber latex, hot melts, solvent based adhesives, pressure sensitive adhesives and irganic adhesives. Speciality adhesives (high price, or formulated for specific applications) cover polyurethane, reactive hot melt polyurethane, epoxies, cyaacrylate, anaerobics, reactive acrylics and radiation cured adhesives. Applications vary widely, from the use of plant starch in box manufacturing to the use of speciality, high value adhesives in electronics. Major markets for adhesives include construction, packaging and labelling, transportation, product assembly, medical, textiles and carpets. Applications are increasing in scope as adhesives are offering better performance and lower costs than other joining methods. New developments are taking place in the industry, driven by factors such as costs, new application areas, health and safety, and environmental issues. Solvent-borne products which release volatile organic compounds (VOCs) on curing are being phased out and replaced by systems such as water-borne latices and hot melts. Radiation curing adhesives are gaining in popularity, particularly methods employing UV radiation, although issues arise when a section is thick. The principle types of sealants are: RTV silicones, polyurethanes, latex, polysulfide and vinyl plastisol. Construction is the main marketplace. Silicones and polyurethanes are increasingly being specified because of their ease of application, high performance and durability. This book describes the chemistry and techlogy involved in producing and using each adhesive and sealant type. It outlines the factors to be considered in selection and illustrates appropriate applications for each material. Key suppliers and market areas are named in appropriate sections. The report covers global market data and focuses on Western Europe and North America, with additional information about the emerging markets in the Far East and Latin America. This Rapra Adhesives and Sealants Market Report provides an excellent, clear overview of the whole of the adhesives and sealants industry from production and manufacturing methods to market applications, new techlogy, key companies and potential for growth.
- Author BiographyDr. Dave Dunn is President of FLD Enterprises Inc., a US based technical consulting firm, specialising in adhesives and sealants. He has training as a chemist and has a background in both industrial and academic circles. Dave is a former Vice President and Director of R&D and New Business Development for Loctite Corporation, a speciality adhesive and sealant company. Dr Dunn has written numerous publications and also produces a monthly Question and Answer column for Adhesives and Sealants Industry Magazine.
- Author(s)David J. Dunn
- PublisherSmithers Rapra Technology
- Date of Publication14/03/2003
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationShrewsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRapra Technology Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight439 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.