Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $173.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.49Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $14.91
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
About this product
- DescriptionThis book captures the physical, cognitive, social, and personal development of individuals from childhood through adulthood while continuously placing theory and research in the context of how they can be applied to readers' lives. Designed to capture the physical, cognitive, social, and personality development as individuals move from childhood into adulthood, Adolescence 1e provides an accurate, broad, and comprehensive introduction to the field of adolescent development. More importantly, however, it places these theories and research findings in the context of how they can be applied to readers' lives. The book is intended to excite readers about the field of adolescence, draw them into its way of looking at the world, and to shape their understanding of the significant developmental issues that characterize this period. By presenting the useful, practical information that will help readers make life decisions about relationships, education, and careers-the very stuff of adolescence-the book is intended to keep enthusiasm about the discipline alive long after students' formal introduction to the field has ended. To order MyDevelopmentKit along with Feldman, Adolescence, 1e, please use package ISBN: 9780205801497. 0205801498 / 9780205801497 ADOLESCENCE & MYVIRTUALTEEN SAC Package consists of: 0131750615 / 9780131750616 0205800831 / 9780205800834 MyVirtualTeen Student Access Code Card
- Author BiographyRobert S. Feldman is Professor of Psychology and Associate Dean of the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst. Feldman, who is winner of the College Distinguished Teacher award, has also taught courses at Mount Holyoke College, Wesleyan University, and Virginia Commonwealth University. Feldman initiated the Minority Mentoring Program at University of Massachusetts and teaches classes ranging in size from 10 to nearly 500 students. He also has served as a Hewlett Teaching Fellow and Senior Online Teaching Fellow, and he frequently gives talks on the use of technology in teaching. He initiated distance learning courses in psychology at the University of Massachusetts. A Fellow of the American Psychological Association and the American Psychological Society, he received a B.A. with High Honors from Wesleyan University and an M.S. and Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He is a winner of a Fulbright Senior Research Scholar and Lecturer award, and has written more than 100 books, book chapters, and scientific articles. His books include Development of Nonverbal Behavior in Children,Child Development, Development Across the Life Span, Understanding Psychology, and P.O.W.E.R. Learning: Strategies for Success in College and Life, and they have been translated into a number of languages, including Spanish, French, Portuguese, Dutch, Chinese, and Japanese. His research interests include honesty and deception and the use of nonverbal behavior in impression management, and it has been supported by grants from the National Institute of Mental Health and the National Institute on Disabilities and Rehabilitation Research. Feldman's spare time is most often devoted to traveling, cooking, and earnest, if not entirely expert, piano playing. He has three children and one grandchild, and he lives with his wife Katherine, who is also a psychologist, overlooking the Holyoke mountain range in Amherst, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Robert S. Feldman
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication28/11/2007
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.)
- Weight1220 g
- Width227 mm
- Height273 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.