All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionIn Adolescent Depression, psychiatrists Francis Mark Mondimore, MD, and Patrick Kelly, MD, explain that serious depression in adolescents goes beyond moodiness. Depression is in fact an illness-one that can be effectively treated. The authors describe the many forms of depression and the many symptoms of depression in young people - from sadness to irritability, self-harm, drug and alcohol abuse, and violent rages. Incorporating the latest research from the field of adolescent psychiatry, this comprehensive and compassionate guide answers questions that many parents have, including: what are the symptoms of depression in teenagers? How is depression diagsed? What is the difference between depression and bipolar disorder, and which does my child have? How can I find the best mental health professional team for my child? What kinds of counseling and psychotherapy are available? Are medications safe, and how does a doctor choose a medication for my child? What can I do if my adolescent is using alcohol, crystal meth, marijuana, or other substances? How do autism and Asperger's syndrome, eating disorders, premenstrual dysphoric disorder, ADHD, and disruptive mood dysregulation disorder interact with depression? What should I do if I sense that my child is in danger? With all of this going on, how can I take care of myself?
- Author BiographyFrancis Mark Mondimore, MD, is a psychiatrist on the faculty of Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and director of the Mood Disorders Clinic at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center. Patrick Kelly, MD, is a child and adolescent psychiatrist on the faculty of the David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California-Los Angeles and director of pediatric emergency services for psychiatry at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center.
- Author(s)Francis Mark Mondimore,Patrick Kelly
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication04/12/2015
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Series TitleA Johns Hopkins Press Health Book
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note15, 1 black & white halftones, 14 black & white line drawings
- Weight681 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Interest AgeFrom 17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.