All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $35.01
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionABOUT THE SUBJECT MATTER Adolescence is a time of significant change. The adolescent era spans the interval between childhood and adulthood. It is a time of physical, social, and even emotional upheaval. During this relatively brief period of time t only does physical growth accelerate but, of more significance in the biology of any species, the individual attains reproductive maturity. Within this time frame, the human being acquires the capacity to procreate and perpetuate our species. From a reproductive standpoint, throughout adeolescence the individual is being prepared for perhaps what might be considered the most important function an organism has during his/her brief sojourn on earth, namely to endow successor(s) with a minute quan- tity of DNA to enable continuation of its form of life. The interlude be- tween childhood and adulthood is t always socially or emotionally sim- ple. The anatomic and physiologic modifications that come to pass during adolescence are t necessarily paralleled by a capacity to assume the societal responsibilities associated with reproductive maturity. Although the physiologic changes rmally proceed in a predetermined fashion, adaptation to a changing role is a far more trying process. Accustomed to living in a child's world, the subject of adolescent change requires considerable time and understanding to facilitate exis- tence in the adult world. The early stages of sexual awareness, for ex- ample, are generally extremely confusing and, as evidenced by the in- ordinately high frequency of teenage pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases, can be extraordinarily dangerous.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication29/12/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note22 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight487 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byAlfred Bongiovanni
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1983
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.